As part of its statutory meetings, the Rotary club Paris Quai d’Orsay regularly hosts talented speakers. Please check our “News” section on the Home Page to see the conferences that will take place in our club.
Some examples of past conferences:
- Luncheon “Wine and globalization” with tasting, by Raphael Aubry-Marais, Books-cellar in Paris. A world tour of the history of local wine accompanied by some examples tasting.
- Luncheon “The Court of Auditors, its missions”, by Gilles Johanet, Attorney General of the Court of Auditors. A presentation without taboos the operation of the Court of Auditors by one of its most independent members.
- Gala to benefit the Pasteur Institute: guided tour and dinner at the prestigious Louvre Museum on the theme ” the Louvre’s masterpieces”. A charity event for the benefit of research and the fight against malaria.
- Dinner-lecture “What on earth is an MP?” Claude Greff, MP of Indre-et-Loire and former Secretary of State for the Family. A discovery of a member of parliament, even behind the scenes.
- Lecture “Architecture & Mobility” given by Jean-Marie Duthilleul, chief architect of SNCF – AREP founder of the consulting studies at the Polytechnique Alumni House.
- Lecture “The TGV Magic” by François Lacôte, Senior Vice President of Alstom – Technical Advisor to the President of Alstom Transport.
- Lecture “The surgery of the head and neck. High tech or high risk?” by Professor Romain Kania, ENT surgeon at the hospital Lariboisière.
- Lecture “Sunnis and Shiites: Issues of citizenship in Lebanon” by Professor Dominique Avon, professor of contemporary history and Director of the History Department at the University of Maine.
- Conference – concert “The missing link of classical music rediscovered” by Jacques Dupriez, violinist/violist.